Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SoftMotion on a Real Time GenericDesktop PC

Hey there,

i'm currently trying to use the SoftMotion Software to work on a GenericDesktop PC as RealTime target - with little to no success. The common guides for some NI-type RIO controlls won't work and if I try to deploy one AKD Axis i get this Error:

LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x80DF001E) The deployment plug-in for this item cannot be found. Verify the proper software is installed.

On the RealTime target the following software is already installed:

Spoiler
Software.PNG

You can see: there is no "SoftMotion"-Software installed on the RealTime Target due to the fact, that I'm not able to select this Software Option in the "Install / Remove Software"-thingie of the MAX. However, on the HostPC the SoftMotion Software is installed. 

Do I need some kind of extra Softwarepackage to use SoftMotion on a RealTime Target? Is it even possible at all?

Some other issue:

During my efforts of getting things working, I tried to reinstall the RealTime Target by booting from an USB-Stick with the USB-Boot-thingie created by MAX, but it won't load - as I was used to it by the first Installation of LabVIEW on the RealTime Target- but send me directly to the BIOS? Some "B2"-Error / message / thingie occured for a few seconds after I was asked to cancel the boot-steps by pressing "del" and then the BIOS screen appears.

I hope you were able to follow me in my describtions, I will gladly provide you with any further information and am looking forward to any advice/ work-around, solution or answers!

Greetings, Ole 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,151 Views)

Hi loik,

the reason why you can't install SoftMotion on a Desktop-RT is: it is unfortunately NOT SUPPORTED - Sorry. 

Kind regards

Heinz

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,106 Views)