Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined error code -2147352567 interfacing LabView with a Baldor Flex+Drive II

Solved!
Go to solution
Undefined error code "-2147352567 occured at unknown" not listed in either Baldor or LabView documentation.

Error seems to occur when the ActiveX methods have the wrong inputs, but to the best of my knowledge they have them.

Decided that it may be because the axis was not enabled, to set/check enable status I used a DriveEnable method, this worked (code provided "Baldor test.vi"), The VI disables/enables the drive correctly.  Baldor documentation does not seem to mention any other steps you need to take apart from enabling before using movement commands.  Placing jog command after DriveEnable causes the error to return at the Jog command ("Baldor test2.vi).  I'm trying to discover what is causing the problem, using MoveA, MoveR, DoGo methods instead of Jog all produce the same error,

Same error appears at the DriveEnable method when I try to run the code on a computer which the Drive is not currently attached to, leading me to believe it is a communication error rather than a hardware error, as this is the first point at which the program is attempting to communicate with the hardware.  Also the drive appears fully functional, no errors in Baldor Workbench v5, all commands work fine in that environment and controller updated to the latest firmware.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,869 Views)
Attachments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,867 Views)
Ooops :-  "to the best of my knowledge they have the right inputs"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,862 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MatL
Solved it, still don't know what the error message is but I've worked round it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,830 Views)

Hi MatL,

I am having the same issue you did with error code -2147352567. I am using ActiveX communication to control MATLAB via LabVIEW. Can you explain in detail what you did to solve this issue?

Thanks

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,631 Views)

Huzzah. I finally have justification for keeping all those uni notes.

I can't fully explain it here, its been some years and I don't have a copy of Labview to poke around with.  So I'm sorry if this is not 100% correct.

Essentially I was getting the error because I was passing the ActiveX components bad inputs and they in turn were spitting back error messages which were not being correctly interpreted by LabView.  This confused me as the error code was not in the documentation for LabView or the Baldor software I was using.

I managed to work around by trial-and-error to find out what inputs worked.

I stumbled accross the solution by chance (about two weeks before the project was due and after finishing most of the work, such is life) there is an ActiveX error handling function somewhere, if linked to the error output of the ActiveX command function it would give you a useful answer.

Hope I'm not too late to help, feels a bit like http://xkcd.com/979/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,608 Views)