cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to undeploy SoftMotion axis: Hex 0x80004005

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I was using a cRIO-9076 + NI 9505 + SoftMotion for a project. Now, I'd like to reuse the hardware for a new project.

The old project had a SoftMotion axis (Unbound), which is refusing to be undeployed. According to the Project & System Comparison dialog, the existence of this axis on the cRIO is the only thing that doesn't match my new project. However, When I select "Undeploy" and click "Apply", I get this:

Initializing...
Checking items for conflicts. This operation could take a while...
Undeploying Axis 1
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x80004005) Unspecified error.
=========================
NI System Configuration: (Hex 0x80004005) Miscellaneous operation failure.
Undeploy completed with errors

I tried these with no luck:

• Powering down and restarting both the cRIO and my PC
  • Switching the cRIO scan engine from Active mode to Configuration mode

Any hints? I'm running LabVIEW 2012 (no other versions exist on this development PC).

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,567 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Hello JKSH,

It sounds like your deployed data may have gotten corrupted somehow. You can try deleting the deploy data manually.

1- FTP to your 9076

2- delete the contents of the /ni-rt/config directory

3- reboot the target

Message 2 of 9
(9,553 Views)

@Nathan, that did the trick. Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,542 Views)

Solved my problem too. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,665 Views)

Hello,

Im using RIO 9067, and I have similar problem, a table of soft motion axis got stuck on the target and I can't undeploy it normal way (all the other things were undeployed normally). So I tried this way, but on the ftp for this rio under c/ni-rt there is only start up file. So I can't find where is my config file and i can't see where is a 'search' so i could at least try to find my table that way. Do you have any suggestions please? 

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,576 Views)

On LinuxRT targets, the deployed data is in the following place: /var/local/natinst/deployfwk/config. We recognize the incovenience that this causes and are working on improving the experience in future versions of SoftMotion.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 9
(7,546 Views)

Thank you for the reply,

Kind regards!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,502 Views)

I am experiencing a similar issue.   I am using NI SoftMotion 13.1.1 on a cRIO 9074 having two 9516s in slot 1 and 2 and on a cRIO 9075 with one 9516 in slot 1.   I am using the Softmotion Express VIs in asynchronous mode with the Scan Engine set to the default 5 msec interval.  Both programs were working fine until I phyically added my 9074 to my device network (consisting of four 9075s already installed on the device).   I had been working on the code for the 9074 on a different computer [abeit this computer is essentially the exact same in terms of motherboard and software as the device's control computer].  

Now  neither of my programs work yet there are no deployment errors, no IP address conflicts, no LabVIEW broken arrows, the scan engine appears to be active and I can still control each of the axes thru the Interactive Test Panel (which according to an NI application engineer also uses SoftMotion) 

Attached is a a screen shot of the Distributed System Manager showing IP addresses, scan engine status, and that "MotionScan" appears to be running.    Oh, and yes I have already tried reformatting the cRIO drive and doing a fresh install of the cRIO software.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,675 Views)

tca2,

I would recommend creating a post. This post has been set to resolved and will no longer show up for most users. Are you already working with an Applications Engineer on this?

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,653 Views)