From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to undeploy SoftMotion axis: Hex 0x80004005

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I was using a cRIO-9076 + NI 9505 + SoftMotion for a project. Now, I'd like to reuse the hardware for a new project.

The old project had a SoftMotion axis (Unbound), which is refusing to be undeployed. According to the Project & System Comparison dialog, the existence of this axis on the cRIO is the only thing that doesn't match my new project. However, When I select "Undeploy" and click "Apply", I get this:

Initializing...
Checking items for conflicts. This operation could take a while...
Undeploying Axis 1
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x80004005) Unspecified error.
=========================
NI System Configuration: (Hex 0x80004005) Miscellaneous operation failure.
Undeploy completed with errors

I tried these with no luck:

• Powering down and restarting both the cRIO and my PC
  • Switching the cRIO scan engine from Active mode to Configuration mode

Any hints? I'm running LabVIEW 2012 (no other versions exist on this development PC).

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,613 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Hello JKSH,

It sounds like your deployed data may have gotten corrupted somehow. You can try deleting the deploy data manually.

1- FTP to your 9076

2- delete the contents of the /ni-rt/config directory

3- reboot the target

Message 2 of 9
(9,599 Views)

@Nathan, that did the trick. Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,588 Views)

Solved my problem too. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,711 Views)

Hello,

Im using RIO 9067, and I have similar problem, a table of soft motion axis got stuck on the target and I can't undeploy it normal way (all the other things were undeployed normally). So I tried this way, but on the ftp for this rio under c/ni-rt there is only start up file. So I can't find where is my config file and i can't see where is a 'search' so i could at least try to find my table that way. Do you have any suggestions please? 

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,622 Views)

On LinuxRT targets, the deployed data is in the following place: /var/local/natinst/deployfwk/config. We recognize the incovenience that this causes and are working on improving the experience in future versions of SoftMotion.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 9
(7,592 Views)

Thank you for the reply,

Kind regards!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,548 Views)

I am experiencing a similar issue.   I am using NI SoftMotion 13.1.1 on a cRIO 9074 having two 9516s in slot 1 and 2 and on a cRIO 9075 with one 9516 in slot 1.   I am using the Softmotion Express VIs in asynchronous mode with the Scan Engine set to the default 5 msec interval.  Both programs were working fine until I phyically added my 9074 to my device network (consisting of four 9075s already installed on the device).   I had been working on the code for the 9074 on a different computer [abeit this computer is essentially the exact same in terms of motherboard and software as the device's control computer].  

Now  neither of my programs work yet there are no deployment errors, no IP address conflicts, no LabVIEW broken arrows, the scan engine appears to be active and I can still control each of the axes thru the Interactive Test Panel (which according to an NI application engineer also uses SoftMotion) 

Attached is a a screen shot of the Distributed System Manager showing IP addresses, scan engine status, and that "MotionScan" appears to be running.    Oh, and yes I have already tried reformatting the cRIO drive and doing a fresh install of the cRIO software.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,721 Views)

tca2,

I would recommend creating a post. This post has been set to resolved and will no longer show up for most users. Are you already working with an Applications Engineer on this?

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,699 Views)