From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT!!! motor speed control

Dear all,

first let me tell you my system detail:

1. Hacker A100-8 brushless DC motor

2. Master spin 170 pro opto (speed controller)

3. power supply

4. NI DAQ USB-6353

I have already run this motor by using transmitter and remot control, like RC planes fly. Now I would ilke to run this motor from computer. let me give you my setup:

PC > DAQ > speed controller > motor

^

power supply 

now I would like to use either matlab/simulink or labview, to control or run my motor in real time using generating PWM signal. can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,378 Views)

you'd probably get more eyes on this post if you posted it in the DAQ section since its really just about PWM. However, have you looked at the examples in LabVIEW for DAQ? There are a lot of good examples for PWM and Digital Output on DAQ devices. 

Where there any particulare questions that have come up regarding your setup and how to accomplish it or are you just concerned on how to produce PWM signals in LabVIEW? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,356 Views)

Hello, thanks for your reply. I am actually looking for detail about controlling this motor from LabView. How can I in real time send signal to my motor for running? I want total tutorials. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,346 Views)

Since you are wanting to use DAQmx and not any of the Motion software that is made for LabVIEW the examples will be very limited. I suggest playing around with the PWM and Digital Out functions to get an understanding of how they operate.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/2991/en/

You can also take a look at this example below which uses DAQmx to control a stepper motor. This is a little different than what your DC motor control setup will look like but it should be good for reference if you understand how stepper motors work.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-6385

I still suggest posting this in the general section of the forums as it will get many more views and thats really what your application is about. This forum will get more views for things like SoftMotion which is NIs motion control software. Since you are working with DAQmx however you would want people who work more frequently with DAQmx to view your post, which will be in the general section of the forum.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,339 Views)