Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMI 7772 interlock

I'm trying to interface a small tensile testing unit at my University, but the interlock LED on our UMI (UMI 7772) is always illuminated. I've tried switching cables and switching the UMI with a spare in the lab, but the interlock still wont shut off. I'm using a PCI-7340 motion controller and the NI motion Device tree says that the controller status is working properly. Also, running the test resources command gives positive results, i.e. The device passed the resource test successfully !. So I'm a bit lost at this point. I suppose it could be the motion controller that's broken as well, but I'm unsure how to test that.

Lastly, there is another small tensile unit currently running and I've noticed a difference in the device tree. In the one that is running, the PCI is not only listed under the NI motion devices but also in the "normal" device tree showing it's settings such Vendor, Model, PCI Bus, PCI device, and status. On the one that is not working, this isn't showing up? Could this be a communication problem with the NI MAX software and the PCI hardware or just unrelated?

Sorry for the low level questions, just started using the NI software this week so it's been quite a learning experience. 

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,694 Views)

The UMI interlock circuit monitor the +5V pin of the controller to verify if it's powered on and properly connected. Since you already tried swapping the cables you should check the integrity of the controller and UMI connectors.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,683 Views)