Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ti-E microscope drivers

Is there someone who works with the new Nikon Ti-E microscope with Labview?
Are there any ready made drivers for it?
Are ther drivers for the older TE2000-E Nikon Microscope?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,771 Views)
Hi Liort,

Unfortunately it does not look like there are any drivers for the instruments that you mentioned. 3rd party instrument drivers for LabVIEW are to be found here.

However, this does not mean that you cannot use the instrument with LabVIEW. You can create your own instrument drivers as long as you have the commands that are needed to communicate with the device. There is a tutorial on how you can do this here.
Rasheel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,749 Views)

hello all,

did anyone has solved this problem yet?

i to have a Nikon Ti-E microscope and i want control its movement using LabView  
i will appreciate any help
thanks,
Guy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,913 Views)

Hi Guy,

As Rasheel mentioned, there are not instrument drivers available at ni.com/idnet. Have you tried to develop your own as Rasheel suggested? If you have the manual for the device you should be able to write the commands to it that you wish using serial, gpib, Ethernet or however else you planed to connect to the device.  Best of luck!

Matt
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,889 Views)

Have u started? I'm about to write a labview program controlling TiE, maybe we can work together and share the information? I'm now collecting the resources that people have done about controlling microscope with Labview on the internet. 

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,156 Views)

Have u started? I'm about to write a labview program controlling TiE, maybe we can work together and share the information? I'm now collecting the resources that people have done about controlling microscope with Labview on the internet. 

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,156 Views)

I found out the microscope is connected to PC with a USB connection. I also got the Nikon software for controlling. However, I really need to customize control by the Labivew. Could u give me some hints that where shall I start on writing a driver? 

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,154 Views)
Hi There, I am facing the same problem you reported a few years back: I need to control nikon's translation stage (TI-S-E) from software I can customize, labview preferred... Have you progressed on this matter since you posted this? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,393 Views)

Hi,

I am not familiar with this particular drive, but you will get more help if you create a new forum instead of posting on one that is pretty old.  If you do not hear back from the people who originally posted in this forum, I would encourage you to create a new forum on this topic.

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,374 Views)

if you want to control a Nikon microscope such as a Ti2, please visit my GitHub website where I designed a Labview code to control different motorized parts of a Ti2 microscope:

MAILFERT-Sebastien/LABVIEW-Nikon-Ti2-microscope-control: [LABVIEW] Control of Nikon Ti2 microscopes ...

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(641 Views)