From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepper motor control through Stepper drive NI-SMD 7615 and USB-6009, Connecting input signals to the drive.

Hello,

I am using NI-SMD-7615 stepper motor driver and a USB 6009 for the stepper motor(NEMA 24) control application. My ultimate goal is to achieve the control over the Stepper motor movement in either direction.

The LabVIEW version 2012 is available to me. 

Through NI stepper configuration utility I have self tested the motor which is running well. (I have used LAN cable for connection).

Now I am connecting Digital pulse to Step input on the drive through USB 6009 and a digital signal to the direction input to the drive. But My motor doesn't run. 

Following input connections I have made through USB 6009. 

Step+, step-, dir+, dir-, common, ground. I have not connected any other inputs to the 25 pin connector. My code succesfully creating the required pulses. I am not able to connect the input signals to the drive properly to achieve control. 

Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated! 

Devashish Phadnis.

M-tech Student

IIT Delhi.

Attachments: Step and direction command inputs though labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,257 Views)