From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepper Configuration Utility Software?

Hello,

I am trying to get a stepper motor rig up and running and I am having an issue.  My setup and the process I am following is best described by this pdf:
http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376090a.pdf

The issue that I am having is I am unable to communicate with the SMD 7620 motor drives and that I cannot find this NI Stepper Configuration Utility software that they refer to.  Has anyone heard of this software before or used his setup?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,496 Views)

Hello PumpkinPie,

I've uploaded the Stepper Configuration Utility to our FTP site. The file is called "Stepper Motor Configuration Utility.zip". Here is the link. The webpage to download the utility is currently in the approval process, it should go live sometime next week. I will post a link to the download page in a response when it is online. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Ian K.
Software Developer
Data Ahead AG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,464 Views)

Beautiful!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,451 Views)

The NI Stepper Configuration Utility 1.0 is now online!

Ian K.
Software Developer
Data Ahead AG
Message 4 of 12
(8,346 Views)

Hello

I try to use Stepper Configuration Utility  1.03 but i have the error : " Erreur d'éxecution '13' : Type incompatible "

What can I Do ?

thanks for your help

best regards

Frédéric SOUDAY

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,997 Views)

Hi Frédéric,

Would you please post a screen shot of the error? Does this error happen at particular point in the program, eg when you search the network or open a configuration menu?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,929 Views)

Hello;

NI France informed us that this error appened only with the french version of Windows. We must used Windows with English parameters and it's OK.

For information, after different tests, we find that Ethernet Axes as ISM7413 must be used only with Softmotion 2014 and Labview2014.

best regards.

Frédéric SOUDAY

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,925 Views)

Hello

I spoke with Jean-Claude Rutagengwa (Sr. Technical Sales Consultant ), he said that SP1 LV2015 and LV 2016 came out this week, so see if the problem is resolved.

Currently I have Windows 10 french, Labview English 2015 and English Soft motion in 2015 and I still have the error 13

The engine is the ISM-7413E

In fact what are the correct version for this to work for windows, Labview and soft motion

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,591 Views)

The Stepper Configuration Utility software is somewhat useful at the very basic level (ie: can the PC communicate with the motor); however, a full set of drivers is really needed to support implementing a solution using LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,847 Views)

I changed the window language to English and everything is correct

thank you
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,837 Views)