From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifications of servo valve, pump and power unit for a 200 kN hydraulic cylinder?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forums and I hope this is the right place to ask my question. There are lots of people talking about hydraulic actuators and I think I will get my answer. 

I knew nothing about this hydraulic business 2 weeks ago and as a part of a school project we are trying to prepare a small test facility. We will basically have an hydraulic cylinder with 200 kN capacity and it will not have dynamic capabilities (static testing only). There are companies which have made quotes but their technical specifications totally differ from each other. So, what we want to know is the minimum requirements for the 200 kN static cylinder approximately:

- Power of the hydraulic power unit

- Reservoir capacity for the hydraulic power unit

- Capacity of vane pumps (LPM)

- Capacity of servo valve (LPM)

And also, to me having a a low speed tension/compression is advantageous but I am not sure. What are your opinions?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,863 Views)