Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solidworks Motion controlled by PLC using Labview Softmotion

Hi everybody!

My plan is virtual commissioning based on Solidworks Motion and Labview Softmotion. Therefore I want to simulate a work station in Solidworks and test the PLC program. The workstation is really huge with flexible sub-assemblies, more than 15 axis and I need to simulate contact between some components and I also need sensor feedbacks. For this reason the motion study is really (5 sec take an hour) slow regardless of the fact I control the axis using Labview or I set the parameters in Solidworks (without start Softmotion simulation). I use OPC connection between Labview and Siemens S400 PLC, it works very well anyway...

First I tried some simulations using Softmotion VIs without PLC connection. In my opinion the sensor feedbacks are late or missing due to the slow simulation and the busy Solidworks.

(I download the example project "Basic solidworks Sensors", I know it works, but the model is simple and the motion is a lot faster...)

I'm using SolidWorks 2013 SP4.0 x64 and Labview 2013 x32.

So my question is:

Is this simulation concept possible at all or it's better to search for other options?

Kind regards,

Árpi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,279 Views)