From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servo control with pwm in scan mode?

Dear National Instruments enthusiasts,

for a schoolproject (with a deadline), i’m trying to control a microservo Modelcraft mc-1811 with NI9403(only digital inputs or outputs). I need a 50Hz signal between 5% and 10% duty ratio. When the duty ratio is 5% (1ms high in a period of20ms), the servo is left, when the duty ratio is 10%(2ms high in a period of 20ms), the servo is right and I want also to control in between.

In the normal scan mode it works at a duty ratio of 50%. When I try a duty ratio of 25%, the scope shows a signal with duty ratio of 50%. When i try a duty ratio of 10%, the scope shows no signal, the output is zero. I also tried FPGA mode, but to send it to the CRio, it takes a long time (2 hours for a small program).

Can somebody help me for a handy solution?

Kind regards

Matthias

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,358 Views)

Hello Matthias,

Since you are talking about FPGA and scan engine configuration it would be useful to share your project and all dependencies (not only the main VI).

Can you share a zip/rar file that contains all the dependencies of your project?

Which kind of scope are you using?

Concerning the 2 hours:

Do you mean the compilation time ("creating the bitfile")) or the actual deploy time ("the real sending") ?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,314 Views)

Hello Matthias,

Is this issue still active?

Please let me know, so that I can help you if needed.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,227 Views)