Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading degrees from a sensor.

Hi,

I hope I am on the right place as I am new hereSmiley Happy

I reacently bought a NC Pipe bender. It allows me to bend pipes to a certain degree  via pc controler, what it does'nt do is give me the degree's at which I want the next bend to be.

I had a look at the Arduino's 3 axis shield that seams like it can do the job but it can only mesure till 180 then it goes over to -180, and its not going to fit in with its enviroment as there's a lot of moving parts. The only way to use this shield is mounting it on the clap that holds the pipe(Which turns)

What can I use to give me the degree's at which i want the next bend? I also want it to be able to activate a solonoid/switch that will stop the pipe from turning over the desired degree.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanx in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,409 Views)

Hi,

I hope I am on the right place as I am new here:smileyhappy:

I reacently bought a NC Pipe bender. It allows me to bend pipes to a certain degree  via pc controler, what it does'nt do is give me the degree's at which I want the next bend to be.

I assume CNC pipe bender.  what model?  How would you like it to determine the degree of the next bend?  is this a predetermined layout of pipe? 

I had a look at the Arduino's 3 axis shield that seams like it can do the job but it can only mesure till 180 then it goes over to -180, and its not going to fit in with its enviroment as there's a lot of moving parts. The only way to use this shield is mounting it on the clap that holds the pipe(Which turns)

Are you planning on using the Arduino to take a measurement then relay that back to the PC then comunicate with the pipe bender?  you should be able to scale -180 to 180 for a 0 to 360 if you want to.  What do you want the measurement relative to?  i.e. "next bend should be 30 deg from some arbitrary axis" or "next bend should be 30 degrees from previous bend"?

Why use Arduino?  does it fit well with the rest of your system?  

What can I use to give me the degree's at which i want the next bend? I also want it to be able to activate a solonoid/switch that will stop the pipe from turning over the desired degree.

activate the solenoid via the arduino or pc controll?  also, what language are you programing in?  

Hope this makes sense.

Thanx in advance.

Gidion, sorry I just had questions for you.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,341 Views)