Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper DAQ Module for Celesco SP2 or SP3 String Pots

Hi! I am currently looking to expand our lab's capabilities by adding string pots to our sensor tool kit. I came across a string pot that will work for us, namely Celesco SP2 or SP3 (either one). Here is the website where more information is listed about these sensors:

http://www.celesco.com/stringpots/

The SP2 has a voltage divider output. According to the Application Engineer, a very clean DC voltage signal should be sent to the SP2 string pot for it to generate accurate measurements while the SP3 will take a 24 V DC signal (less clean signal) and generate accurate measurements making the SP3 more expensive than the SP2. (would prefer to go with the best value option).

Currently we have a cDAQ-9178 chassis. Is there a NI Analog Input module out there that will work with the SP2 or SP3 string pot. The expectation is that this module will be plugged into the cDAQ-chassis and the wires from the string pot will be run to this module.

Would it also be possible to use a USB-6003 with the above string pots? Let me know and thanks for your help! I have also attached the respective data sheets for your reference.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,900 Views)

It's hard to say what module would be the best for your application as I'm not sure there are modules made for this exact application. The best next step would be to call the National Instruments Sales department at (512) 683-0100 to discuss your application and seek a recommendation. 

-----

Aaron F.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,882 Views)