Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with setting velocity, acceleration, decceleration in rpm (rpms/sec)

Dear NI community,

let me, please, ask you about the following.

I want to specify velocity, accel/deccel in rpm (rpms/sec). For this, I'm using "Load Accel/Decel in RPS/sec", and "Load Velocity in RPM". As it is stated in Help files, before setting of these parameters, I use "Load Counts/Steps per Revolution", and specify 2000 - the same, as I have in NI MAX.
But the problem is, that speed and accel/deccel in LabVIEW application is not the same (much slower), than when I try to move motor via NI MAX (with the same values of speed, and others).

Could you, please, check the code, and tell, what I have to add more, to make it working properly?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Motion setup.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,776 Views)

Hi!

Can you provide a little more information on the architecture and end goal of your application?  What hardware are you using?  What type of motion are you trying to acheive (Straight-Line, Contour, etc.)?  Providing some more information may help the community take a deeper look into your issue.

If you are looking for to accomplish one of these moves, we have NI-Motion examples that can be found in the NI Example Finder that ship with LabVIEW to help get started.  In the Example Finder, the Setup tab can even be used to limit the available examples to ones that support the hardware you are using.  Do any of those examples look like they would be applicable to what you are trying to accomplish?

Furthermore, I would recommend taking a look at this manual take provides more documentation on NI-Motion:

Motion Control

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371242b.pdf

The examples discussed in this document should be able to be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-Motion\Documentation\Examples\NI-Motion Help\VI

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,751 Views)