Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 7344 board won't tune after upgrade to Win 7

Was forced to upgrade 2 machines with these cards to Windows 7 32 bit.

Using NIMotion 8.30 and have upgraded firmware cause it said I had to.

2 axis are working correctly but the main one running 500 rpm when I stop it by breaking light curtain it stops but rocks a bit. They say this is unacceptable. It was working correctly before upgrade so I am wondering if perhaps it was firmware related?

These are the values I'm loading with software each time it starts up

"pidvalues(0).kp",65
"pidvalues(0).ki",5
"pidvalues(0).ilim",100
"pidvalues(0).kd",1200
"pidvalues(0).td",5
"pidvalues(0).kv",0
"pidvalues(0).aff",0
"pidvalues(0).vff",0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,259 Views)

If you make a new VI does the bahavior remain or does it work correclty? I would like to know whether the problem is within the code possibly or whether it is with the updated system.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,177 Views)

Perhaps should have been a little more specific.

This is a VB 6 app originally done on NI-Motion 5.2 back around 2002 and running on Windows 2000.
The light curtain input I am referring to is tied to the Forward Limit axis 1.

This used to stop the motion really quick and smooth. The best I can get it tuned is the above parameters but it gets a little kickback motion when it stops. I've been from 1 extreme to the other with those parameters. Light curtain is far enough where they cannot reach the motion before it has completely stopped so it is safe but I would like to get it better because we are wrapping wire around something with this.

Way we done in past was to tune with NI MAX and then added those values to the file but it didn't work very well on Win 7. Was thinking maybe I should just initialize then load my values from file?

I was looking into downgrade/upgrade firmware see if that helps. Going through the .bas modules comparing them right now and make sure they don't break something in rest of code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,163 Views)

Have you tried doing gain tuning again since the new firmware update? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,138 Views)