From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-7330 Initialization Failure - DSP Timeout

I am attempting to initialize a PCI-7330 motion controller.  I have used this motion controller and associated hardware previously with success.  In preparing to use it again, we opened NI-MAX, located the device, and Initialized it to ensure everything was working for the controller prior to making any external connections.  This first initialization worked successfully.

We then connected the MOTION I/O port on our UMI-7772 interface to the MOTION I/O port on the PCI-7330, applied power, and were preparing to use our stepper motor, but upon attempting to initialize the PCI-7330 again, the window stating "Initializing the Controller..." appeared, but progress stopped at 18%, with the following message reported in the "Initialization Status..." box:

-70095 (NIMC_DSPCommunicationsTimeoutError) Internal error. There was an internal timeout while sending commands to the DSP.

I have already browsed all topics related to this error on the forums, and was unable to remedy the issue with updating my NI Motion driver to version 8.5, updating the firmware (firmware versions are 7.40.3003 for the 68331, 7.32.3003 for the DSP, and 7.00.3001 for both FPGAs), powering down the PC for a while, disconnecting the UMI-7772 interface, or any other previously posted actions.

Thanks for any help you can offer in attempting to remidy this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,090 Views)