Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newport ESP301 controller - Coordinated motion of multiple axes

Hello,

I am using an ESP301 Motion Controller and two stages UTM50CC1HL from Newport.

I have made a Labview code for coordinated motion of two axes to produce a desired contour in a 2D space. Here is the Labview code,
ESP301.jpg
and the contour,
Hình ảnh nội tuyến 3
The contour is divided into 500 points. I would like to move from one point to another along a line. Here is how it works
https://youtu.be/7aZoBjqadco

Obviously, the group comes to a stop at the end of the last move instead of a smooth transition to the new move command. I think that there were some mistakes in my code.

Could anyone please help me point out the problem? I am attaching the code and the data point, as well as the ESP301 Labview driver.

Thank you.

John C.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,775 Views)

Hi 

I just started learning to control ESP301 with Labview, and now I have several problems:
1 I can't find a USB device in NI MAX. (USB driver is already installed)
2 The subVI is missing when I open the example.
I hope that you can help me solve these problems.
Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,913 Views)

Hi John, 

Just some time while on your journey to get it all right:

1) You don't need to put File I/O function within while loop as it could potentially execute on every execution of while loop unless while loop is set to terminate upon completion of first execution.

2) Check out if you need IVI driver. I have always used NI USB devices and they appear up on NI DAQ mx as 'Dev' but when I used third party serial com device recently, I had to install IVI drivers recently. 

3) You really have to create your first vi out of example program. Often once you have installed driver, a new pallete appears with controller vis and a full sample project that you could just open into a block diagram and Hurray! Its all done for you. 

See if you can use manufacturer's project to control your two axis first. Hope it helps.

ATE and Labview Consultant
https://www.easybodge.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,884 Views)