Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI 7356 Motion Control Card and Matlab

Hello all,

I have a NI PCI 7356 Motion Control Card connected to NI UMI 7774. I want to integrate the motion control card to Matlab. I have NI MAX 15.0 and Matlab

R2014. How to connect  NI PCI 7356 to my model in Matlab? Thanks, regards...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,377 Views)

Hello ynsmkt,

You could start with this document: 

http://home.hit.no/~hansha/documents/matlab/training/Data%20Acquisition%20in%20MATLAB/Data%20Acquisi...

I also know that the third party that you are interfacing the NI PCI 7536 with should be able to provide support as well:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=DAQmx+Matlab

Regards,

G-IV

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,340 Views)

Thanks a lot for your reply.I want to somethings about that topic. Does Data Acquisition block in Matlab Simulink support my NI motion controller? Because   the NI card(NI 7356) does not recognized in Real Time Windows Target blockset in Simulink. In brief, I want to read the sensor data which come from motion interface card(connected to NI 7356) in Matlab Simulink, what do you suggest that what we use Simulink blocks?

I am so sorry for my bad English :smileyhappy  Regards...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,103 Views)

Hi ynsmkt,

I think your best bet would be to reach out to MathWorks, Inc. to see what support they have for this.  

I think there may be a tool you can use: NI-DAQmx Tools for Data Acquisition with The Mathworks, Inc. MATLAB® Software, but I think it only works up to version 2008b of the MATLAB® Software.

Again, I think you should try contacting MathWorks, Inc. as well to see what they think.

G-IV

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,095 Views)

Hi again,

I contacted to MathWorks Inc. and they returned to me that below:

There does not appear to be any built-in support for that device. The NI 73xx Motion Controllers the NI-Motion drivers, and do not appear to support IVI (necessary to use Instrument Control toolbox) or NI-DAQmx (necessary for access from Data Acquisition toolbox).

It might be possible to adapt the drivers, but it does not seem to have already been done,

So the communication between Matlab Simulink blockset and card has to be using UDP, TCP/IP, etc. but what's is the port and IP adress of NI PCI 7350? It may be also wrong way 😞   Again thanks for your reply. King Regards...  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,015 Views)