Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Max Unexpected Internal Warning

Has this issue solved yet. Over the weekend, I had the same exact issue as described above. I have the PCI-7340 motion card. I ended up installing labview 2012 and Max 5.3 which works.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(4,060 Views)

Hi Calebyaj,

I just checked the status for the CAR listed here and it is still being worked on. I remember seeing a very similar issue when 8.5 was released. Basically, a motion card would not appear in MAX. To my knowledge, this was fixed in 8.5.1. You can download it here:

NI-Motion 8.5.1

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-motion-8.5.1/4355/en/

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(4,043 Views)

Eric-J,

8.5.1 fixed my problem. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(4,010 Views)

I'm getting this exact same error with NI-Motion 18.0, NI-MAX 18.5, and LabVIEW2018. Is there a fix for that?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,325 Views)

Hi Kevlar,

As this is a really old thread, can you clarify your situation?  So you're getting the same "Unexpected Internal Warning" in MAX?  Which NI board are you using?  Was it in a working state before?

As NI Motion has been discontinued, we probably won't have official support from NI folks anymore.  But as I've worked quite alot with it, we can see what our options are for solving your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,318 Views)

RIObotics,

The error message is:

The NIMotionUI.mxx plug-in caused an exception in the CmxProviderWrapper::BindPrimary function in the Max process.

Elsewhere in the thread it said that this was being tracked by CAR 423023.

The motion controller is a PXI-7350 and it was working last week but on Monday morning I noticed that the actuator being controlled by it was not exerting any force on the test system. I opened MAX to try to move it but when I tried to expand NI Motion Devices in the System tree the error came up and MAX locked up. I ended MAX, opened it back up, and tried to Create a Report and got the same error and it locked up again without creating the report. I tried to attach the dmp file but it wouldn't let me.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,311 Views)

Hi Kevlar,

Going to take a really wild swing at this, let's see if we get lucky:

Try this thread:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Motion-Control-and-Motor-Drives/Error-Code-70012-and-MAX-freezes/td-p/29961...

MAX database might be corrupted by anti-virus or firewall.  Try resetting your MAX database.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,306 Views)

RIObotics,

Resetting the Max database did the trick. It took me awhile to remember how to correctly configure the digital outputs but the actuator is now moving again.

Thanks much for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,303 Views)

Wow!  Guess the old trick worked after all. 😀 
BTW, if ever you need replacements for 735x, I have a solution just for this purpose (sorry for the self-insert.)

P.S. Can you mark my post as solution?  This way people can go straight to the answer.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,293 Views)