cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9512 error - FF08

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

I am using NI 9512 stepper driver to control a linear motor through an external power driver. I have connected all the required cables (encoder, drive enable, step and direction) to the 37-pin connector block. The linear motor can move for 100 mm, encoder resolution is 0.1 um - producer of the motor is SMAC MCA, model LCA25-100.

I configured the axis in Labview for the motor and then tried to test the configuration in "Interactive Test Panel"... for small displacements (i.e. 10 mm) everything works fine. However, for larger displacements (i.e. 80 mm) I get an error FF08 - The max stepper rate of this device has been exceeded. The only way to clear the error is to disconnect and reconnect the power.

Is something wrong with my configuration? What do I need to change?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,978 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sodupuc

Can you lower your acceleration and velocity values in the test panels?

I am wondering for larger motions the acceleration rramp up may be too fast.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,967 Views)

Dear Sodupoc,

aside from the acceleration and velocity limits, alos it would be worth to check the encoder settings. If you do not receive an encoder signal or you receive it but it is not properly scaled, your error (desired position minus encoder position) is going to increase the more you move on the axis.

Check the axis encoder settings and maximum allowed error. For more information, check out thes pages: 1 2 

Kind regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,921 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

The problem was in velocity and acceleration settings. Now it is working fine. Tnx!

Best regards, 

Uros

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,912 Views)