From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My motor receives data via a serial connection, but it won't move. What am I doing wrong?

Solved!
Go to solution

Maybe I will put this specific question in another thread as it does not have specifically to do with the motor. I will report tomorrow if that worked (provided I am able to build the right string ;)).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,754 Views)

So, after another session with the motor, I came to this conclusion.

You are right, the motor moves indeed really slow (approx. 48 min for 1 mm). Other commands like setting the origin or getting the position work. Even the "Change Velocity" command seems to work. If I query the status of the motor, the velocity value conicides with the value I set.

The "only" problem is, that the motor moves really slowly regardless of the set velocity. I assume that there is another problem, which cannot be solved using LabView. That is the reason why I contacted the manufacturer again.

Nevertheless, thank you for your advice! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,740 Views)

Glad to hear you have figured out part of it at least.  Are you sending the velocity command before you send the move command?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,738 Views)

Yes and I am checking if the velocity is set via the status report!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,732 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MrKSE

The problem seems to be solved now.

I got some Vis frome the supplier and compared the code to my code. Every string I sent was correct, but the velocity values were too big! I am pretty sure that I tried out lower velocities as well, but maybe the motor was moving while I was sending these new values. The highest velocity which can be set has a value of 1300 instead of 50000, which the reference manual implies.

Now everything works even with my VIs and the motor moves! Thank you again for your suggestions 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,690 Views)