From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Axis with 9503

Solved the error code -70217 problem now I can enable and disable all the drives. now I am running into the problem of when I try to move just two drives the other two get errors because the drive is disabled and it is trying to move. That is something that I think I can solve but when I try to move all four axis the program thinks they have moved and the position updates but the steppers have not actually moved. I only have two stepper motors wired up to axis one and two but I would not think that not having motors hooked up to the other two drives would prevent the motors on the first two from moving.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,017 Views)

Ran another program that is for a single axis but it what I based the multi-axis program on to make sure it was not a problem with the motors themselves. Motors work just fine but for some reason when I try to run them in the program I posted the position will update but the motors will not run. I am not sure what could be causing this, I looked through the FPGA VI and can not see anything obviously wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(998 Views)

Hi Lawrence,

I'm not sure what might be going on there. When you use the example projects, either for a single axis or multiple axes, do you see the same behavior where the position updates, but the motor does not move?

Secondly, can you post your code and an image of your setup? That may help to clarify what's going on.

I'd recommend in the future creating a new forum post for each new question. This makes it easier for future users to find information and helps others have an idea of what the forum post is about as they are searching for information.

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(986 Views)

I do not have the same problem when using the example programs. Attached you will find the code and the setup, at the moment I have only two motors hooked up in an 8 wire series configuration. At this time I am not able to run the axis independently like I need but I know why and will hopefully be able to fix that at a later date.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(982 Views)