From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Complete Signal doesn't work

Hello

I used NI MAX to move moter in abs mode. When I click the start button in first  time, then the  move is compelete  is normal output. But in the second time the signal is always not output.

NI-motion driver is 8.5.1. Could you give me some advice, Thank you!

770258838521.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,359 Views)

Please try to use open loop mode.

Once the stepper command pulses finished the outputs, the "move complete" led will always light on because it's not reviewing any input logic in open loop mode.

Are you using 7390?

If you are using P-commmand mode, the led will light on or off according to the in position input.

So make sure you are in open loop mode.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,332 Views)

I use 7390 and connect to yaskwa sigma5 driver, the input signal form driver is already high, but the move is complete signal does not  light on

Could you give me some advice? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,329 Views)

7390 won't check your drive's signal for move completion in open loop mode.
If you can't make the move complete light on in open loop mode, there must be something wrong in your hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,325 Views)

Sorry, I mean that I used P-command and set Abs move to 0. When I click start button in first time, then Move is Complete light on. I click again, the Move is Complete loght off.

Could you give some advice? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,318 Views)

I understand what you mean.

So, if you are going to stick with P-Command mode, then:

1. Check the in position output form your drive, and see if it is active (high).

2. If the output from your drive is active (high) and MAX won't indicate the Move is Complete led as high, send your 7390 back to NI.
    There is something wrong in your hardware.

If you just want to solve your problem as soon as possible, then switch your 7390 to open loop mode.

You shouldn't have any problem in this mode.

OpenLoop.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,311 Views)

I want to be sure this isn't something more basic, since is sounds like you are getting the signal.  Are you changing the position targer between moves?  Since you are doing absolute moves, the target position value needs to be changed everytime or you won't get any movement.  Sorry if this seems basic.

Also, go online with the drive using SigmaWin+ and see if the output is turning on and off there.  Make sure Pn522 isn't too small.  Default is 7 counts, which is really pretty small for that high resolution encoder on the Sigma 5.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,294 Views)

Sorry! Can I interpret it this way? If I used absoulte move to the same position, the move complete signal only turn on in first time, and would not turn on again for next movement. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,193 Views)

I can't say for sure that is the way it is supposed to be.  Someone from NI would have to verify that.  You can test it though.  Do moves, and see if Move Complete comes on.  Try it with a move of 1 count.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,182 Views)