From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a curved motion with linear motion stage controlled by Arduino Uno

HI all,

I am trying to Use an Arduino Uno to control two stepper motors which are connected to 2 linear stages. I can set x,y coordinates of the desired points and it works pretty well. However, when I try to use it to draw a curved pattern (say an oval) it makes the path, but the path is not smooth. I was thinking of using of 2 Arduino rather than 1 and write a parallel code for each stage separatly. But before putting an effort on that, I'd like to hear your opinion about this case. I know in many places people are using rotational stage rather than linear one to make a circular path, but I believe by setting the 2 stages to go over a smooth sinusoidal pattern, I can get a circle.

Thanks,

Saridar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,590 Views)

Based on what you're describing, it doesn't sound like you're working with any NI software or hardware. You might be able to get assistance by posting to Arduino's forums? You'll be more likely to find someone with some knowledge of your setup there. If I'm mistaken and you are working with NI products, please reply back and hopefully someone here can help you out!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,560 Views)