From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX suddenly stopped working

I'm using MAX to control a calibration stand and it suddenly stopped working. 

I've tried everything I could think of, checking wires, retuning the servos, etc. 

Has this happened to anybody and how did you fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,571 Views)

Could you go into a bit more depth into how MAX isn't working? Is MAX freezing up, or does it get hung up somewhere on a specific task you're trying to do? 

It's most likely a problem with the MAX software. Does the problem keep recurring even after a system reboot, or simply closing and reopening MAX?

One thing to try is resetting the MAX database. This can be done by following these steps http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

Daniel Parrott
Software Product Marketing - Data Management & LabVIEW
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,554 Views)

It's not following commands. When I press run after setting up my moves nothing happens. It says something is moving but it isn't. I don't recieve any error message at all. I've checked all the axes and wires but nothing seems to be wrong. The problem continues after a system reboot and computer restart.

I followed your suggestion and reset the MAX database. It still doesn't work but not I can do a servo tune. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,548 Views)