From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexium MDrive Motor Configuration Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks!

These examples seem a lot like what I've attempted (with the exception of the "=" in the command).

BTW, it was very strange that initially the encoder seemed to completely ignore what was sent from LabVIEW, even though the TCP packets were seemingly the same as those sent by Lexium, but then I realized that the open socket that Lexium was keeping, blocked all other communications with the encoder, and no commands came through. Conclusion: CLOSE LEXIUM AS SOON AS YOU FINISHED CONFIGURING THE CONNECTION PARAMETERS. Robot Happy

I even managed to get it working through MATLAB 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,104 Views)

Hello Staller,

could you maybe upload your VI for me? I have no problems connecting to the drive with the schneider Mcode example. I can write and read almost anything. But I have some problems reading the counter beyond 10000 steps. From 0-9999 it shows everything correctly but as soon as I have a position beyond 10000 the indicator is blinking and showing different results for the current position.

BTW: I also connect with TCP/IP without any VISA

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,092 Views)

I cannot share my individual VI unfortunately. I handed the project off to another person over a year ago and I think its still in development. I can say that in the original version, we used the range of -6300 to 6300 steps in routine operations but not up to 10000 steps. You may need to contact the company and ask about the counter. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,081 Views)

Thanks you all. Below is one my problem which I met for MDrive23plus SEM. The model is MDI1PRD23C7-EQ. 

I set up connection through USB to 485 cables between the motor and PC. Problem is that I can't see command symbol in terminal window (PC side). Thus I can't send commend to motor through that window.

I have tried PD, but no response. The hot key Ctrl+C can get some response from Motor. 

The P1 and P2 interfaces are connected. The device manager in PC can see the USB to 485 cable.

It is strange and the motor can't run. I have tried different paud rates via manual set and also by automatic detect.

Anyone can hint me?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,810 Views)

Hi hufeibupt, I would recommend starting another post under the Motion forums, since the original question has been answered and you would get more visibility for your question. It would also be helpful to attach a screenshot of what you're seeing. 

Angela L. 

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,793 Views)

Hi Angela L. 

ok. Fine and thanks.  // Hufeibupt.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,791 Views)