Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview code for single axis motion

Hi Jeff,

I am using
 a Newport XPS 8-axis controller. It comes with a set of LabView drivers and VI's. However I am 

new to LabView and cant seem to achieve a constant rotation in the theta axis. I was enquiring as to whether anyone had experience in using this set up??

Cheers,

Joe 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 34
(2,735 Views)

HI Mr.Jeff,

Actually i do not think I have any motion controller installed. 

I'm using an evaluation copy of the Motion Assistant software.

And I can't find the example in the Find examples link.

Is there no other way to write a code w/o the motion controller because I don't have access to the full software.

Is there a way to do a wiring up in LabVIEW 8.6. That's the only full version software I have.

Pls do guide me on this.

Thx a lot

Rdgs

Titano

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 34
(2,733 Views)

Hi Mr JEff,

In regards to my previous thread, I managed to do a simple example in Motion Assistant using a virtual motion controller.

I understand that using a virtual motion controller, you can't run the script.

But when I tried to generate a LabVIEW code for that i received these following errors:

"There was an error during code generation. Possible reasons are:

1.NI Motion templates not found.

2.User has cancelled Code generation."

Any ways for me to rectify these errors?

Thx for ur patience n guidance.

Rdgs

Titano 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 34
(2,730 Views)

Hi Joe and Titano,

Joe- I recommend trying some of the motion examples located in the Example Finder.  They are a great way to get introduced to LabVIEW.

Titano-  check out this KnowledgeBase article for help on the error you are seeing.

I hope this helps!

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 34
(2,709 Views)

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve beenthrough the examples and have progressed from them. I can achieve motion in theXY plane as well as a 180-degree rotation but I can’t seem to achieve a fullrotation at constant velocity.

Any further suggestions?

Regards,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 34
(2,708 Views)

Hi Joe,

Could you provide a bit more detail of what is happening?  In other words,  how is it not working? Is there an error?  Thanks!

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 34
(2,691 Views)

Kristen,

There are error codes but as the VI's are written by Newport LabView doesn't recognize the error codes. I may have solved the problem by setting up a 'spindle axis' for the Newport controller but i wont know until tomorrow. This spindle axis should allow continuous rotation.

Have yo used LabView with the Newport XPS controller or know anyone that has?

Regards,

Joe  

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 34
(2,690 Views)

Hi Joe,

I have not worked with the Newport VIs specifically, but am willing to help troubleshoot where I can.  I just might have more questions than someone that works with Newport VIs on a daily basis.  That being said, I'll second your invite for those familiar with Newport VIs to lend a helping hand. 

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 34
(2,681 Views)

Hello,

i wrote a VI for 2-D motion,horiznotal and vertical motion.I will get data like this according to present logic the data will save like this.(x,y)=(0,0),(1,0).........(10,0)

then X axis goes back to zero,then (0,1),(1,1),(1,2).................(10,1).I want to do it in other way 0,0),(1,0).........(10,0),then second row (10,1),(9,1)......(0,0)).How to change my logic?..Hope you guys will help me in this regard.I have also attached screen shot of my present daata file

Mahs 

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 34
(2,343 Views)

Hi mahs,

There is no screenshot attached to your post.

If you're not using Newport VIs I suggest making a new thread.

Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
Message 30 of 34
(2,334 Views)