From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview code for single axis motion

Dear Labview guys

I start to write something in Labview in order to try to move the delay line stage with Newport motion controller driver moel XPS. I try to write the same code present in the  of XPS controller Manual at page 139. But when I try to execute this simply VI the program get out an error 19. What does it men?

Some one could you help me please?

I use Labview vers. 7.1

Best regards at all

Marco Candelaresi

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 34
(3,196 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.Now my VI is not showing error.But i have some logical error regarding the increment.If i give increment 1 microns,once it completes the motion,it shows the current position exact as the input target displacement.Suppose if i give target increment 50 microns,the current position no longer same as the target displacement,the values will be different.I hope the screeshot that i posted helps you to figure out the error.Also i am postiong the front panel ,you can see the difference.

Thanks,

Manu

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 34
(3,192 Views)

Hi,

Marco: Have you tried to use highlighted execution to see where the error is coming from? Also, other customers have found turning off the firewall usually allows them to communicate with the drive.

Manu: The screen shot is of the front panel and I'm not entirely sure what is being shown. I do see that the increment is 50microns and that the current position is much lower. How quickly are you asking the motor to move 50microns? It could be that you are asking it to move too quickly and does not have time to move that distance.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 34
(3,171 Views)

Dear

I tried to switch off the firewall of the windows but the error do not go out.

Do you have other advice for me? thanks again

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 34
(3,088 Views)

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for your kind reply.My problem is almost solved,VI is working fine.Now i would like to incorporate "fast axis" option to my VI,now X-axis is the fast axis(inner loop),i would like to swicth over it into Y-axis(outer loop) is it possible to do so?..could you please help me in this regard,i am also attaching the screenshot of the VI.

Regards,

Manu

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 34
(3,079 Views)

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for your kind reply.My problem is almost solved,VI is working fine.Now i would like to incorporate "fast axis" option to my VI,now X-axis is the fast axis(inner loop),i would like to swicth over it into Y-axis(outer loop) is it possible to do so?..could you please help me in this regard,i am also attaching the screenshot of the VI.

Regards,

Manu

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 34
(3,078 Views)

Hey Manu,

In regards to swapping axis, I would look at how you are specifying the axis in each loop. If you are simply giving your VI a reference to either the X axis or Y axis, you should be able to swap those inputs and get the movement of the axis to swap.

Marco -

You might be better served to create a new thread and reference this thread. Even though the issue is similar your particular question may be buried and not given adequate attention because you posted your question in someone else's thread.

Briefly looking through how Many described his problem, this issue seems to be related to trying to move only one axis at a time. What happens if you move both axis? Perhaps Manu could give some pointers on how he got past that error.

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34
(3,052 Views)

Hi,

Im using the Newport XPS controller to control motion on an air-bearing system. Im looking to achieve a continuous motion in the theta axis, i.e. a constant angular velocity rotation of the disk you can see in the picture. If anyone can help that would be great.

airbearingxyz.jpg 

Joe 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 34
(2,916 Views)

HI Guys,

I have an query to ask of u guys.

I have an extremely small needle to do some in-situ transporting inside a machine.

I need the needle to move in X ,Y and Z directions and in different step speed sizes.

Anyonne has got any idea how to pursue dis prob?

Thx a lot for ur help.

Rdgs

Titano 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 34
(2,906 Views)

Hi Titano, doublejlifton,

I assume you are using a 73XX motion controller from NI? In that case, I would recommend you take a look in the LabVIEW Example Finder under motion control (Hardware Input/Output»Motion Control). If you have specific questions about the API, please let us know.

Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 34
(2,895 Views)