Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview and Parker ACR-9000

Hi Martin and whomever wants to offer input,
I've been reading through the discussions and this is my first time to post. Last year I developed a system using the Compax 3 with a Bayside R100D motor (Parker).  The control scheme was simple, I only needed 30 positions that were loaded into a table in the Compax3 and I talked to the controller via Labview and a serial port.
Now I have an application where I'm using the Bayside R100D Servo  Motor but the control sheme is more complex.  Parker recommends the ACR 9000 controller but they are not very knowledgeable about the Labview interface and control.  I have a 7344 but have never hooked it up to a Parker drive or amplifier.
Do you have a recommendation?  I have six of these applications so I planning to standardize on one concept.

Thanks,
Eric
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(5,240 Views)

Hi Eric,

I have used the Compax-3’s with NI-motion cards (7358). It works fine if you set the compax in torque mode and direct pass-through of encoder signals. Make sure you enable the amplifier or it’s output stage with the NI controllers enable output else things may go flying in my experience! I expect other configurations will work but this is how I set mine up. Personally I would use the NI card with a UMI and not the ACR, but I suppose it depends upon your application and the cost comparison.

Good luck.

-Martin
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(5,229 Views)
I have just started looking at a simpler but similar issue.  Perhaps this link will take you to some example code of use.  Seems like most is for 5.1.
http://www.compumotor.com/support_samples.htm#6000
John
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(5,212 Views)

Yet another motion control / activeX n00b here!  I've inherited code that works, but neither smoothly nor fast.  What confuses me is that new ITerminal and IStatus nodes have empty pick lists, even when I connect them to the ref wire.  If have to copy existing nodes that show the properties I'm interested in.  How would one create a motion control vi from scratch?

Also, has anyone found a document listing the meaning of the various text strings that can be sent to the ACR (see attached screen shot)?

Finally, where did my BOXBRIDGELib.ITerminal and .IStatus objects come from?  I can't find them in any library.

Unlike most things LabVIEW, I'm finding this not at all intuitive.

Jeff

Jeff
Climbing the Labview learning curve!
Sanarus Medical
Pleasanton, CA
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(5,076 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Parker now has a solution. BTW is this post still active? I've a few troubles with this labview file...

Link to file...

http://www.parkermotion.com/support_samples.htm

File name : LabView example, under the ComACRserver 6.x (installed with ACR View 6.x) sub category of PC Program Samples for ACR9xxx and Aries Controller category.

-Vijay.

-Regards,
Vijay,
Application Engineer,
Parker Hannifin.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(3,563 Views)

Be careful when using the Parker provided examples.  They were written by someone that was familiar with the ACR product line, but not LabVIEW.  I only used them for reference, and created my own VI's.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(3,559 Views)

i want to use acr9640 controller through labview ? i am unable to do it, could anyone please help ?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,801 Views)

Parker ACR7000 is a new controller that is supposed to be compatible with the ACR9000 series. I'm also looking for a useful LabVIEW driver and not finding much but Parker's simple Labview example. I think they are still using "ComACRServer.exe, a 32-bit OLE automation server". Please post if you know of one.    

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,049 Views)

Here are some VI's that I made.  I am sure I have full projects but will have to look for them.

Message 19 of 20
(1,995 Views)

Thanks. It is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,989 Views)