Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of NI 9503 and NI cRIO-9035

Hello all,

First time posting on the forums. So I am in a intership and i am new in installing these drives. Now I haved succeeded in installing NI cRIO-9035 and I could trouver it in NI MAX, when I installed NI 9503 on the NI cRIO-9035, I got problem, the LED indicators ENABLED always told me that this drive was disable, I followed the USER MANUAL to find solutions on LabView, but there was also un error when I read LabVIEW HELP topic NI 9503 and clicked  NI 9503 Operating Instructions and Specifications, I couldn't continue anymore. 

So is there someone who knew this problem and could help me please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,700 Views)

Hi C.LI,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Have you connected anything to the NI 9503 ? As far as I know the drive should be disable by default when nohting is connected or the wiring is not done properly. Can you confirm that you have something actually connected to the drive and that all is OK with the wiring ?

Thank you !

Maxime L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,654 Views)

Hello Maxime L,

At that moment, I have connected a stepper motor on the NI 9503 and the stepper motor is good, but I romve it now. I got another problem now, I hvae tried to creat a programme Labview with FPGA I/O Method Enable, but I failed, the error is that my system is in 32bits and the compilation needs a software in 64bits. And then, LED indicators didn't illuminate anymore, even it didn't flash anymore, and i couldn't find NI 9503 in the tree of NI MAX. Can this error cause this problem?

Thank you !

C.LI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,651 Views)