From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing 7358 settings to pc with 7354

I have an application that loads a named custom 7358 motion controller configuration during startup.  I've installed the app and run it on 15+ different computers with a 7358 and it has worked great.  Recently I installed the app on a pc with a 7354 motion controller, and when I started the app I received an error saying the initialization settings cannot be found.  Furthermore, when I use MAX to try and choose my custom settings through the "Change Settings..." dialog box, my custom configuration does not show up.  I know my configuration is in the MAX database--when I import it into MAX I receive a warning the configuration already exists.

Does the MAX database automatically prevent me from taking a configuration exported from a 7358 and applying it to a 7354?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,946 Views)

I'm sorry but I do not believe that you will be able to transfer the configuration settings from a 7358 to a 7354. If fact, I don't believe that you can transfer the configuration setting from one card model to another. MAX will only allow a configuration setting upload from a file that matches the model of the device. This is done because the different devices have different configuration options, number of axes, different firmware, etc.

I believe that you will have to make a new configuration file for every device that you plan on using.

Jeremy P.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,911 Views)

Thanks Jeremy.  That's what I figured, but I wanted to verify that before telling my customer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,909 Views)

Best wishes.

Jeremy P

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,899 Views)

I'm having a very similar problem. Is there at least a way I can open the 7358 settings to view them? I don't have an 8 axes card that I can load them on to, just or view them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,294 Views)

I'm not sure if there's a way to do that. I haven't been able to find anything by searching around.

What happens when you attempt to import your MAX Configuration that contains the 7358 settings?

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,273 Views)

Nothing, doesn't even give you an error message stating that it failed, they just don't show up in the list of settings you can select.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,267 Views)

You should be able to simulate the card and then import the .nce file to view the settings.

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,256 Views)