Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing 7358 settings to pc with 7354

I have an application that loads a named custom 7358 motion controller configuration during startup.  I've installed the app and run it on 15+ different computers with a 7358 and it has worked great.  Recently I installed the app on a pc with a 7354 motion controller, and when I started the app I received an error saying the initialization settings cannot be found.  Furthermore, when I use MAX to try and choose my custom settings through the "Change Settings..." dialog box, my custom configuration does not show up.  I know my configuration is in the MAX database--when I import it into MAX I receive a warning the configuration already exists.

Does the MAX database automatically prevent me from taking a configuration exported from a 7358 and applying it to a 7354?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,948 Views)

I'm sorry but I do not believe that you will be able to transfer the configuration settings from a 7358 to a 7354. If fact, I don't believe that you can transfer the configuration setting from one card model to another. MAX will only allow a configuration setting upload from a file that matches the model of the device. This is done because the different devices have different configuration options, number of axes, different firmware, etc.

I believe that you will have to make a new configuration file for every device that you plan on using.

Jeremy P.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,913 Views)

Thanks Jeremy.  That's what I figured, but I wanted to verify that before telling my customer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,911 Views)

Best wishes.

Jeremy P

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,901 Views)

I'm having a very similar problem. Is there at least a way I can open the 7358 settings to view them? I don't have an 8 axes card that I can load them on to, just or view them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,296 Views)

I'm not sure if there's a way to do that. I haven't been able to find anything by searching around.

What happens when you attempt to import your MAX Configuration that contains the 7358 settings?

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,275 Views)

Nothing, doesn't even give you an error message stating that it failed, they just don't show up in the list of settings you can select.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,269 Views)

You should be able to simulate the card and then import the .nce file to view the settings.

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,258 Views)