From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAI PCON_C

Hi, I'm looking for a LabVIEW driver for IAI PCON-C motion controller.
It can be controlled using serial or by MODBUS. (both using VISA)
The protocol is complicated and a lot of digging is required, so I will appropriated if someone wrote this code and willing to share it.

The exact controller model is: ‫‫PCON-C-42P-I-NP-2
And the cylinder model is: RCP2-RA4C-I-42P

Thanks, Erez

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,081 Views)

Erez,

I've gone and checked through our drivers catalog here at National Instruments, and have not been able to find any prewritten drivers specifically for the IAI PCON_C.  I've also asked around to see if anybody here at NI had written one at any point that we may be able to give you access to.  That being said, I've had no luck, so I would suggest waiting to see if any other customers on the forum have already written the driver and would be willing to share it with you here.

Regards,

Keith M.

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,062 Views)

Hi,

Did you have any luck finding IAI_PCON LabView driver?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,792 Views)

No

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,783 Views)

Has anyone find the drivers for this one?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,284 Views)

Hi asilos,

I also did a search and could not find any drivers specifically for IAI PCON_C.

If you would like, you can make a new post which may draw more attention.

I also found this brief thread about controlling IAI through LabVIEW but I am not certain how helpful it will be.
http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-control-Intelligentactuators-IAI-with-LabView/m-p/3143788

Regards,

Michael

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,257 Views)

Thanks, but i think i will go with another option regarding the actuator. I don't know why IAI doesn't provide the drivers for this and it is critical for any project to have support from the supplier.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,236 Views)