From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write to Kollmorgen AKD

Hello,

have to set up a system that uses the following Kollmorgen components:

Servomotor AKM24D-ANBNR-00
Drive AKD-P00306-NBCC-E000

Motor (AKM13C-AKCNGD00)

I am interested in creating with LabVIEW an application to control the motor by sending a speed profile. I read that NI has very expensive software to communicate with these drives. So I want to use a solution with a PC and modbus (via ethernet cable) communication method.

The only code that works to communicate with the drive is attached. I can read the "588" parameter and get the position of the motor. I went through the parameter list and they have 1760 instructions but I have no idea which one can make it move (write) hence I have no way of sending motion profiles!!! Any suggestions? Does anyone have a basic code to make the motor move???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,221 Views)

Anon,

I see you received an answer to your question here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Kollmorgen-AKD-communication-with-Labview-Ethernet-IP-drivers/td-p/2...

Do you still need help?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,189 Views)

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I do need help as I have specific hardware to work on.

I need to find a way to send instructions to the AKD drive, and more importantly the sequence of the instructions in order to make it move. I have a list via Kollmorgen with prameters & their registered addresses but I am not sure about the sequence to use and what to fill the registers! Its not as simple as just write a value like DAQmx and this is the first time I use Modbus.

Hence if you have an example it will be very helpfull!!!

It would also be nice to have the sequence to start/control the motion tasks.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,180 Views)

Anon,

I would recommend contacting Kollmorgen to find out more about the sequence; they may know more about this subject than what you'll find on NI forums.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,155 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunatelly Kollmorgen replied (through te local dealership) that they dont offer support for Labview applications. Propably since they teamed with NI to create a suite that you pay to get, they dont offer free help.

If anyone even has experience calling and stopping the preprogrammed motion tasks please let me know

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,122 Views)

I saw you mentioned Modbus in your initial post, are you looking for a way to do this using the Modbus library for LabVIEW?

A good option for you might be SoftMotion Lite. This is a free version of SoftMotion that you can use to implement straight line movements. You can check if SoftMotion Lite will work for your application on this LabVIEW SoftMotion Selection Guide.

Aaron Douglass
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,113 Views)