Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to establish a successful communication between GTS100 translation stage from Newport and SMC100CC Control Board

Dear forum,

I connected a  GTS100 translation stage from Newport to a SMC100CC Control Board. A front LED is lighting red which says it is not referenced. I downloaded the respective VI's from Newport and followed the recommended configuration settings but still the status of the LED is red (not referenced). Can anybody help me to resolve this problem.

You help is highly appreciated.   

Regards, 

Serge

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,072 Views)

Have you commanded the stage to find HOME position first?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,068 Views)

Yes, I run a VI to find a home position, but a stage is not moving and it's definitely not in a home position. On a controller light a red LED. On a controller box is written down if a red LED is lighting that this correspond to NOT REFERENCED (fault or Error config). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,052 Views)

Hi Sergej,

I took a look in the official manual of the SMC100CC controller (http://assets.newport.com/webDocuments-EN/images/14444.pdf) and found this description for the solid red LED on page 15:

NOT REFERENCED: If hardware faults or wrong parameters then SOLID RED.

Do you have a link where to download the mentioned Newport VI for configuration?

The manual says also that after the SMC100CC is powered  the controller initializes. If initialization is successful, the controller gets to the NOT REFERENCED state. From the NOT REFERENCED state, the controller can go to the CONFIGURATION state with the PW1 command. So this VI should run the PW1 command to get out of the NOT REFERENCES state.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,048 Views)