From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Reference with gearing Error 70166

no Ideas?

Best regards.

Best Regards,
Andy

(2,650 Views)

Hey,

I tried to handle the problem in "Simultaneous Two-Axis Find Reference.vi" example, that the master axis is moving but slave axis is killed until the limit switch is reached. When limit switch is reached master and slave axis are active, but  "Wait Reference.vi" is not executed completely.

The Initialise VI (see above) were exexuted before the Reference VI.

So I made an experiment: Limitswitches are at the slave motors. So I disconnected the output of one limitswitch to the output of the other limitswitch. So I can actuate both limitswitches with one switch manually. I run the "Simultaneous Two-Axis Find Reference.vi":

1. Master motors move forward. Slave motors are killed.

2. When I pushed the switch, master and slave motors HALT. "Wait reference" keep executing.

3. When I leave hold of the switch, nothing happens.

4. When I pushed the switch again, "Wait reference" ends executing and  "Simultaneous Two-Axis Find Reference.vi" ends executing without an error.

First question:

Why the slave axis is not moving (HALT) while reference move?

Second question:

Why ends the "wait reference" VI with the second edge of limit switch?

Best Regards,
Andy

(2,302 Views)