From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Reference with gearing Error 70166

Hello,

I have an xy-Table with 2 linear motors per axis. The motors of one axis are fixed together. An axis is configured with gearing (X: master: axis1, slave: axis2; Y: master: axis3, slave: axis4;). Vector Space 1 are the master motors. With the settings I can move the axis with MAX. X and Y has respectively a limit switch that is connected to the ForwardLimit Switch of the master.

After Initialise and Configure Vector SpacesI wanted to execute the example "simultaneous Two-Axis Finnd Reference.vi". The Input Parameter are: Board ID: 1, First Reference Move: Forward Limit, Timeout: 4294967295.

When started the axis (X, Y) move forward then jumps. Seems to be that the slaves HALT and the master move forward until the position error is reached. Then I get for axis 1 and 3 (masters) the Error 70166.

Whats wrong.

Best Regards,
Andy

(6,578 Views)

Hello,

I tried the solution of an other user (http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Modal-error-with-motion-controller-PCI-7344-during-find/m-p/504447/h... although it is not what I want. I think, that it is possible to find reference with gearing, because it only should not be possible to find reference with slave axis (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372134F-01/ni-motion_help/electronic_gearing_and_camming/)

When I disable gearing for both axis (X and Y) and kill both slave axis, the master motors move the axis until the forward limit switches are reached, then they HALT. Then I get the error -70119 (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A87BFBD6800860838625752100702EAF?OpenDocument) from "wait reference.vi".

In my opinion the settings in MAX are correct (attachement). The forward limit switches of the slaves are wired but disabled.

Best Regards,
Andy

(6,559 Views)

Hi Andy,

I found this KB, which will hopefully help you:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A87BFBD6800860838625752100702EAF?OpenDocument

Have you already checked the wiring? 

Did you use shielded cables?

I once had a test setup with bad unshielded wiring, leading to jumps and unexpected behavior.

Kind regards

Heinz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,547 Views)

Hi,

thank you for the reply. The KB I linked before. I checked the wiring again and tested it with MAX (1-D Interactive/axis status for every axis). It is OK.

Most of the Cables are shielded. Approximately 30 centimeters in the near of the XY-Table are not shielded. So I watched the signals with the oscilloscope while execute the example of below. I saw no change in signal. I did not belive that the shielding is a problem.

I thought, that the slave motors did not move and HALT and by executing the example VI the axis were killed, because the Following error from settings in MAX are reached.

So I disassemble the slave axis from the fixing with master axis and executed the example. The axis find the forward limits and give me the error -70119 for both axis (attachement.).

Why the slave axis HALT and when master axis reached the FWD Limit swith I get the Error -70119?

The relative gearing for slave axis is set and enabled. For checking the gearing I made 2-D move in MAX.

Kind regards.

Andy

Best Regards,
Andy

(6,532 Views)

Hi Andy,

I searched through our database for the error you receive. The solutionin each case was either the wiring or the switch polarity.

It's hard to reproduce the error because I dont have the Hardware here. Can you post some pictures of your setup and a schematic of your wiring, please?

Does the error occure reproducible or sporadically?

Kind regards

Heinz

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,523 Views)

Hi,

thank you for searching in the database. I can check the polarity and function in MAX. When I push the switch in MAX/PCI-7350/1-D interactive/Axis Status the information is: "Both limit switches are active" (reverse limit switches are disabled). When I switch the polarity of the switch (in software or in hardware) this information occurs when the switch(es) are not pushed (as expected).

Kind regards

Andy

Best Regards,
Andy

(6,520 Views)

Hello,

the error occures reproducible.

Best Regards,
Andy

(6,491 Views)

Hey Andy,

if you are sure the wiring is correct, well shielded etc., you can try to update your system. Although I Could not find any hint of this behavior being a bug in LabVIEW 2011 or Motion 8.3.

If this also doesn't help, please post pictures of your setup, schematics and everything you have.

Kind regards 

Heinz

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,476 Views)

Hey,

I updated the Motion driver to 8.5.1 with no result.

I removed the mechanical joints between the master and slave axis. I changed the "Load Velocity" in the example "Master Axis - Slave Axis Gearing.vi" (attachement) to move one axis. To use the vi I executed the "Initialisierung 3D Gearing.vi" before, wich is the initialise VI for the program I develope. So some VIs were executed twice. The initialise VI I executed with the shown parameters (attachement). In MAX the gearing for master axis is disabled, for slave axis is enabled, relative, 1/1 to axis1 respectively 3. This setting are set in the programs too, so they will be overwritten.

The "Master Axis - Slave Axis Gearing.vi" runs perfectly.

To execute the "Simultaneous Two-Axis Find Reference.vi" example I run the "Initialisierung 3D Gearing.vi" before too. Because of the initialisaton all four motors are enabled. By finding the references only the master axis were moved until the switches were enabled. Then all motors HALT, but the "Wait Reference.vi" is not executed completely. This is reproducible. forward limit switches from Master are always enabled. I tried the situation with enable/disable forward limit switches for slave axis. Both with the same result.

I think the HALT slave motors generated in mechanically fixed situation the error 70166. But why they HALT? Why the  "Wait Reference.vi" is not executed completely?

To the Situation:

LV2011

NI Motion 8.5.1

PCI-7356@2xUMI7764

LinMot B1100-VF for every motor with  analog current command (http://www.linmot.com/fileadmin/doc/Manuals/E1100/QuickStartGuide_B1100-VF_e_recent.pdf)

The digital signals (5V@PCI-7350 <--> 24V@B1100-VF)were fitted with a self made amplifier board.

Four linearmotors LinMot: stator: PS01-37x240-C; coil: PL01-20x365/220

The Limit switches give 0V or 5V to Forward Limit Switches of master axis (axis 1 and 3). The voltage source is the UMI-7764@PULS ML-15.

I will send the pictures of XY-table in next post.

If you need some more information, I can post it.

Best Regards,
Andy

(6,420 Views)

Here some pictures from XY-table and Limit switches.

Best Regards,
Andy

Message 10 of 12
(6,418 Views)