Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faults + AKD + 7358 + NI Motion

• I have the AKD set up to clear faults whenever the HW Eneable line resets.  Using MAX, I am able to do this only when hitting INITIALIZE.  Starting and stopping (using HALT) doesn't reset the fault.
  • Related: The AKD fault relay lines apparently are wired to the NI system, but how?  Nothing in MAX appears to detect an AKD fault.
  • In LV Code, when I have "Inhibit Output" ENABLED, I am able to disable the AKD drive, but calling the "Enable Axes" function with the channel enabled doesn't re-enable the drive.  I need to re-initialize the drive.
  • Also, assuming that enable function works, how do I mask off axes I am not interested in?  I have two axes, I might not want to mess with the 2nd.  Can I read back the physical state first?  Where do I do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,750 Views)

Honestly, I just need this explained to me...

I have the AKD set up to clear faults when it sees the HW ENABLE line rise.  When I do a MAX initialize, this works.

If I use the ENABLE VI, and disable the line, I have verified with my DMM that it goes low.  And then I verified that it goes high again when I call it to enable the line.  But this does not register with the AKD.  I don't understand what else the AKD needs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,743 Views)

Hi Jed,

I wanted to check and see if you had contacted NI Support about this topic. Have you contacted and heard back from them?

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,722 Views)

I did an email request, but no repsonse yet.  I have verified that the Enable Axes VI will do the following in order:

1) Used initialize to enable the axis, I see 24VDC on the enable line

2) Called Enable Axes with All Channels enabled:  No change to physical line

3) Called Enable Axes with Only Ch1 enabled:  No change to physical line

4) Called Enable Axes with All channels DISABLED:  Disables Physical line (0 VDC)

5) Called Enable Axes with Ch1 (or all exes) ENABLED:  Line does not enable (remains 0 VDC)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,717 Views)

Just called in.  For anyone who needs this...

Enable Axes does not actually raise the HWENABLE line.

AFTER calling enable axes on your line, you need to call STOP:HALT to enable the line (as opposed to STOP:KILL, which will disable the line).  If you disable the axis, the resources assigned to it are freed, so the STOP function will no longer work.

This could have been better documented guys.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,708 Views)