Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F502 DC bud undervoltage

I am using a Kollmorgen AKD drive (model: AKD-P00306-NAAN-0000) and it keeps showing a DC bus undervoltage error (sometimes after a very quick F302 motor overheat error, even when the motor does not run). I have checked the power supply to the drive from the internal converter and it is 24VDC like it should be.

Any suggestions as to what I could do?

i have attached a few images below to help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,913 Views)

DC Bus refers to the DC section of the drive after rectification of the AC input.  Usually means your AC input is absent or low.  What is your input voltage?

Message 2 of 6
(4,906 Views)
The AC input is from a normal UK wall socket (240V 50Hz). But if the issue is with the input voltage, how can the voltage after rectification be 24VDC (as indicated by the power supply) ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,903 Views)

I am not sure where you are reading the 24DVC.  That is logic voltage, not bus voltage.  Bus voltage should be about 340VDC.  What power supply are you talking about?

Message 4 of 6
(4,899 Views)
I meant the DC converter the motor drive gets the power from. it is rated for an output of 24VDC. I might not be reading the bus voltage then. I haven't worked with such drives before. Do you have any idea what else could be causing the drive to think it's not getting enough voltage?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,892 Views)

Please look at the manual and make the power connections accordingly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,889 Views)