cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code -70012 and MAX freezes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am relatively new to LabVIEW, and I have run into a rather frustrating problem...

I have a VI that drives a stepper motor.  It was working fine until I rebooted.   When I tried to run the VI again after rebooting, I was met with error code -70012 and the error message "motion: illegal board ID. You must use the board ID assigned to your controller in Measurement and Automation Explorer".

I thought that was rather odd, especially since it was working before the reboot. When I tried to access a test panel for the PXI-7342 through NI MAX, MAX froze and gave me an unsepcified error message.

In my VI, the board ID is specified as a strict type definition.  

My equipment:

PXI-7342 (Two Axis Servo/Stepper Controller)

MID-7602 (2 Axis integrated power unit)

PXI-8119 (Controller)

Also, I cannot seem to get the Driver Fault Output (red) and Driver Inhibit (yellow) lights on the MID-7602 to turn off.  The lights are on for all axis, even though I only have a stepper connected to axis 1.

I have tried re-installing the NI motion hardware.  

The PXI-8119 is a non-networked machine, so I doubt if there were any updates that originited from online that got incorporated without my knowledge.

Thank you for any help!  It will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,057 Views)

Hello,

Have you tried resetting the controller? The second post in the following thread explains how to do so in MAX:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Motion-Control-and-Motor-Drives/how-to-clear-power-up-reset-state-in-PXI-734...

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,034 Views)

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that, but MAX freezes when I click on "NI Motion Devices", MAX freezes...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,032 Views)

One more thing I forgot to mention - the error description in MAX when I click on the NI Motion Devices folder is as follows:

"The NIMotionUI.mxx plug-in caused an exception in the CmxProviderWrapper::BindPrimary function in the MAX process"

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,031 Views)

MJG1988,

Sounds silly, but try turning off your firewall. I have seen that fix this issue in the past.

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,007 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MJG1988

I would also try to follow this KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9?OpenDocument

There may corrupted associations between the drivers and your PCI card.

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,005 Views)

Hi National_Burrito!

Thanks for the info - it appears there were some corrupted associations between the drivers and the card!  It turns out that one of my virus protection programs seems to be the culprit that damaged the associations.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,995 Views)