Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elmo motion control device

Hello guys,

I am using two types of Elmo motion control devices. They are G-DRU 18/400SESN and G-DRU50/400SESN, but there is a problem. Their processing or put time takes about 3μs. However, my product requires motion control device that has a processing time within 1μs.

So, here are my questions...

1) Does Elmo have a motion control device that has a processing time within 1μs?

2) If not, is there way to change the existing product to achieve the specification that I want?

3) Is there any other product (do not need to be ones from Elmo) that is similar to what I am using but has shorter processing time?

Please help me out. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,973 Views)

Please explain your defintion of processing time.  Current loop? Velocity loop? Position loop?  My guess is there is nothing out there faster than 3us, and I am sure Elmo doesn't meet that either.  Are you referring to position capture(touch probe) time?  Not sure how to help without a better explanation of your needs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,957 Views)

For the more information, as I meant by "processing time", when a current command is sent to Elmo drive it sends back current and position. The whole sending and receiving time takes 3us. But I need to find the product with a shorter processing time or the way to change the exisiting Elmo. Please let me know. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,944 Views)

Are you talking about communications?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,938 Views)

Yes, do you have any idea how to solve the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,902 Views)

Fastest is going to be EtherCAT, but you will need an EtherCAT master.  Why do you need such fast comms?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,897 Views)

Well..I am not the programmer nor engineer, but my company is looking for the way to solve the problem. Do you know how fast it can be by using EtherCAT?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,892 Views)

You will have to contact Elmo about that.  Although the EtherCAT slave chip might be able to process data that fast, that doesn't mean that Elmo is updating info that fast.  If the drive can't read the data(encoder, current sensors) that fast, then there is no advantage to faster comms.  I doubt that any motion controller is updating the position or velocity loop that fast.  Probably not even the current loop.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,877 Views)

The best answer can be provided by Elmo Motion Control try to contact them on this email info@elmomc.com

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,514 Views)