From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESP 300 blank display

Hello

I have a Newport ESP 300 that was not used for many years. When I start it, there i sno beep, the fan is running fine but the display doesn't how anything except light. I tried using the RS232 remote but failed to connect with it.

The 3 fuses are fine and I could check the +5V, +15V and +48V (and +12V for the fan). When I switch off/on the ESP, often the 4 LEDS are on and after some time, only the one in front of R32 is on. Then when I switch it off and switch it on again, only the same LED is on. I know that this model is out of warranty but if anyone can help me in fixing it, it would be great. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,569 Views)

Hello Thierry07,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

The first thing would be to test your device locally. You have a quick start section in this document that might help you. This will be possible only if your devide is equipped with the front panel display according to the same documentation.

If this is not the case, interacting remotly with your ESP requires the correct Software documented in the section "Software Utilities". Could you give us more information about your configuration (OS, software used...)?

Then when you will be able to communicate, you'll need to use one of the command list listed in the "Command Summary" part.

If your hardware is not working correctly, you should directly contact the manufacturer of your product: Newport.

I think they will be much more quicker to answer and will have the experience to resolve your issue.

Regards.

PS: il existe un forum francophone ici si cela vous intéresse: French Forum

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,522 Views)

Dear Pierre

Thank you for your answer. I already read the manual ;). Indeed my device is equipped with the front panel display but  the point is that it doesn't show anything, only some light... It seems a known problem to some ESP300 devices according to Newport.

I also tried the ESP utility on an old laptop  with RS-232 interface running Windows 7 and the RS-232 but the communication breaks 2 seconds after first configuration step. I'm in contact with Newport support staff (but the device is old and no more officially supported).

Regards

Thierry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,517 Views)