Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPOS2 USB error opening port

Hi,

I have been trying to run the attached example code (velocity profile mode) for the EPOS2 with EC45 flat motor.

I get the following error message: Error opening port 0x20000004

I am able to actuate the motor through the EPOS studio suit.

Using win7 64bit with Labview 2009

Any ideas how to resolve this?

I appreciate your help,

Gil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(9,107 Views)

Hi Gil,

Since you did not include the EPOS subVI's I cannot really look into your code much, but I would suspect that either your portName (USB0) or the baud rate are incorrect.  But like I said, it's hard to tell without the driver VIs.

Have you run the VI with highlight execution turned on to see what block is creating the error?

As a side note, are you using LabVIEW 2009 or 2009 SP1?  Because only 2009 SP1 is officially supported on Windows 7.  You may be able to get 2009 without the service pack to work, but it hasn't been tested.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(9,099 Views)

Could you please provide the size and date of your EposCmd.dll ?

Set protocolStackName to EPOS2_USB and let us know if it works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(9,098 Views)

Thanks you for the replies.

I am now trying this simplified code - only open device and set protocol stack settings. Please see attached the error I get (within the VCS open device.vi)

I tried setting protocolStackName to EPOS2_USB and I get the same error.

EposCmd.dll version and size are 4.8.2.0 and  3.49MB respectively.

I will try to update the labview version next, maybe 2009 SP1 or 2010, I suspect It may be related to the 64bit environment. I'll post any updates.

Gil

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(9,086 Views)

Hi Gil,

Have you tried this at all in a 32 bit environment?  There are certain caveats with dll's and their locations on 32 bit.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(9,072 Views)

Hello,I use LV to control the maxon motor with EPOS2 in my PC,but I want to control it by using cRIO,how can I reach that? 

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(8,999 Views)

Hi xiaohai0124,

You should be able to use the EPOS VI, assuming that the EposCmd.dll is compatible with LabVIEW Real-Time.  See this article for the procedure to check: How Can I Verify That My DLL is Executable in LabVIEW Real-Time?

I believe you will also need the VISA drivers installed on your cRIO if you intend to connect to the motor using USB.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,980 Views)

Hey, thank you very much, If I could use the cRIO to control the motor, then I can achieve the controlling of my small car with wireless by telecontroller.   So I want to know a commen telecomtroller of model car how to connect the cRIO.

I am a newer of labview.

THXS

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,973 Views)

Hi xiaohai0124,

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what you are asking.  Are you looking for a wireless module to use with the cRIO?

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,962 Views)

Oe, I am sorry, i just to do is that using a cRIO with a wireless router to be put with some maxon motors. And then I can control motors with cRIO by a telecontroller. But I do not know how to debug the program in cRIO and  achieve the telecontrol.  er, do you understand?

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,958 Views)