Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize ActiveX control for Thorlabs APT DC servo controller

Hey Amir,

At the first run, does it work well? do you get this behavior after the 2nd time you try to run the VI? 

I have never used the Thorlabs API, but it seems like you are missing a "StopCtrl" at the end of the VI. 

Regards,

A. Z'Atari

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 11 of 22
(5,265 Views)

Hi All,

I am now trying to control thorlabs LNR50SE using the LabVIEW with the similar  ActiveX control methods. The motor is operated with the changing of jog control nob. I want to control it with external input which come from other devices. The motor should be move certain position with changing the input parameters from other devices.  But in this method,  I can not find any control for input parameters. Please let me know, how I can introduce input parameters into this method and control the movement position automatically from the given input parameters without changing the jog. 

Thanks

Azim

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(5,099 Views)

Hi Azim,

Am I to understand correctly that you are trying to control the motor programmatically instead of through the physical knob?

This can only be done if the ActiveX Interface allows that.  I do not know what the ActiveX methods are for the Thorlabs software, but if there is not an ActiveX method to override or copy the behavior of the knob, I'm not sure that you have any viable options.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(5,086 Views)

I want to move linear translation stage (Thorlabs LNR50SE) with the help of LabVIEW. My purposes are:

• 1.      Give command to move stage with certain distance.
  • 2.      Find out the changing position of the stage for every step.
  • 3.      Stop the movement once reach the required distance.

I have attached my LabVIEW program to serve these purposes, but I can not find the changing position for every step of movement. Please find the enclosed of my LabVIEW program and suggest me.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(5,028 Views)

Hi Azim,

Do you just need to poll the position method in a while loop until it reaches your desired position?  Is that the functionality you mean by "position for every step of movement?"

Otherwise if it's an ActiveX method that you cannot find, you will need to contact Thorlabs to find out what ActiveX methods they expose.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(5,016 Views)

Hi, 

I have a similar problem, to rotate the motor I always have to press the enter position button in the front panel. I want to modified because it rotates by specified angles.I attached labview programme about stepper motor. Can anyone help me how to do it. 

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(4,790 Views)

Hello! 

I need some help, i have a troble with a motor, it didn't move in steps, it continues the movement until it reaches the end.

I didn´t work as it should be.

Can anybody have an idea of the problem or how to solve it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(4,653 Views)

Hello adrix,

Are you currently using a Thorlabs APT DC Servo controller? I would also suggest that you create a new thread for this question and you will have a better chance of getting more views from the forum. Here is the Forum getting started guide. Also, are you attempting to control this using ActiveX, as that is the initial question in this thread.

After searching the forum for other posts related to the Thorlabs controllers and LabVIEW, I was able to find a document released by Thorlabs on interfacing their APT suite with LabVIEW which can be found here: Thorlabs: User guide to LabVIEW and APT

I hope that you have success in using this controller with LabVIEW.

Cheers,

-Joel

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(4,638 Views)

Hi!  I'm currently working on making a custom interface to control Thor motors.  I saw your example and it has helped me a lot.  However, I need to be able to move the motors in both directions.  When I use the example that you have attached, it only moves forward.  Entering a negative jog value is not possible.  Have you found a way to reverse the direction?  I am working on a set of four arrows (up, down, left, right) to control two motors.  So far I have only been able to move up and right.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(3,838 Views)

As was suggested in the previous post, you should create a new thread for your question, so that it has a better chance of being answered. Frequent discussion in this thread ended in 2011.

Please create a new thread following the guidelines here and attach the example code you're referring to in your new post.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(3,816 Views)