From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom motor control interface in Labview.

I am working with Labview 2012 on Windows 7.  I am designing a custom control for the movement of two Thor motors.  I would like to build a control that has four buttons (up, down, left right).  I have been able to control one motor to go right and the other motor to go up, but I cannot get the motors to move in the opposite direction with this custom control.  I have attached my program.  It includes a graph that plots the position of the motors as they move.  What are the options for moving in the opposite direction?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,180 Views)

Hi IMSciStudent,

I would start by looking at this document which is a guide on LabVIEW and APT. Did the library of Active X calls from Thorlabs come with any documentation?

Regards,

Jordan G.

LabVIEW Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,135 Views)

I have created a program that works.  It can move the motor forward and backward.  However, it always moves 0.02 mm, rather than the step size that I assign to it.  I am thinking that the the Event Structure doesn't give the motor enough time to move more than 0.02 mm before moving on to the next part.  How do you think I should handle this?  Attached is the program.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,095 Views)

Hi ImSciStudent,

Can you create a simple program that does not include the event structure that we can use to isolate the issue? What is the default value for the step size? 

Regards,

Jordan G. 

LabVIEW Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,061 Views)