Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling stepper motor using arduino (using visa)

Hi,

I have made some modification to the  Arduino Stepper Motor example in labview. I deleted the event structure, because I want the program to start directly when running the vi.

The problem is that the Steps Remaining does not decrease. this way, the Steps Remaining will never reaches zero and the vi/motor  will never stops. I attached the vi and an image of block diagram. Please I need a help a here

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,867 Views)

Hi Musaab1,

Thank you for the description of the behaviour, however could you tell us the aim of your application ? What is the expected behaviour ?

Best regards,

Samir
Ingénieur d'applications
National Instruments - France
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,824 Views)

hi AllamSamir

Actually I solved the problem explained in my first question. It was small mistake. the new vi is attached below.

However, in this new vi, there is another problem. When I reverse the motor by sending negative value to the # of steps using the switch, the Steps Remaining value indicator plays a random number every time. This number varies when selecting different speed or applying different # of steps.

This is not good for my project because I want to save the position of the motor to a file in the PC using the number of steps. In this way, I can read the exact position of my motor when running the vi another time.

Is there any way to modify the vi so that the Remaining Steps start from a specific number every time? just like it does when sending positive number to the  # of steps

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,817 Views)