Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling mosfet switching through PMW analog output signal using Labview FPGA

Hi Everybody.

I am currently working on a research project which involves controlling the vibration of an aluminum beam bonded with a piezoelectric transducer. To control the beam's vibration, I need to design a Labview FPGA code using  PWM analog output signals to drive two mosfet switches (IRF-840), which actually will switch ON / OFF, inorder to make or break the circuit containing piezoelectric transducer. 

I am also using a laser displacement sensor to measure the displacement of the vibrating beam. Actually, I need to first read the maximum and minimum displacement points of a vibrating beam under a sinosidal excitations. This information needs to be fed into the DSP through an analog input port. The Labview FPGA code first needs to measure the maximum and minimum displacement points of the vibrating structure under sinosidal excitations. Then, it needs to generate PWM analog output signals to close or open the mosfet switches at exactly the maximum or minimum displacement points of the vibrating beam.

I am using a PCIe-7842R RIO board and Labview 2010 with FPGA module.

Can anyone please help me out as I am stuck at this point in my research. Can anyone suggest to me the proper layout of the labview fpga code which I need to follow in order to solve this problem

Any help will be highly appreciated.

with best wishes

ET

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,216 Views)