Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of a monochromator (or a stepper motor) using a 6024E card

Hello I had another post on the subject asking how I could do this http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=240&message.id=6008&query.id=282994#M6008.

We didn't have enough money to buy a new NI card so I build a vi that can do this.

I 'm sorry about the missing comments on the VI. I just don't have the time to write, but if there are any questions on how it works, or any suggstions and improvements I would like to discuss them. You just have to make a txt file with the current step for the file thesi, and change the path on the block diagram and a blank txt file to plot the data from the analog input of the photomultiplier.

It uses 1 digital output for the direction, one ttl output for the frequency input of the steper motor, and an analog input for the current of the pmt.

Enjoy,

Mavroeidis Alkiviadis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,131 Views)

Thank you for sharing your work with the community. Before starting a new project with LabVIEW, I strongly recommend to take some time and read some ofthe articles of the "Software Engineering with LabVIEW" series. Especially articles about Application Architecture and Style Guides will help you to design code that is easier to read and maintain.

Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciate your commitment to the community, but if you want to be successful with further LabVIEW based projects, you will have to improve your programming style significantly.

Kind regards,

Jochen Klier

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,118 Views)
Thanks for  the advice, it was my first project on labview. In fact it was my first attempt on writting a big vi.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,108 Views)
i 've noticed that a subvi was missing, so I've attached it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,096 Views)