Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control DC Motor (start and stop) with LabView

I never used Lab View before. For a project, we have to use Lab View to make a small dc motor (HP:1/2, RPM 1725) start, and stop. I have no idea how to do this. Any advice/help anyone? Any tutorial or vi. would help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,048 Views)

Hi there,

Search for “H-bridge” for a common DC motor control circuit, the input terminals from the bridge can be controlled using any DAQ device with digital output lines from LabVIEW. For example: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17062

Regards,

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,027 Views)

I would not recommend using that circuit for controlling a 1/2HP motor.  Just buy a DC drive, and use a USB DAQ that has relays or digital outputs to control the digital inputs of the drive.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,016 Views)

Thanks! But what's the difference between a DC drive and a labjak with relay? I just need to control the power and speed of the motor.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,003 Views)

hello sir I have a problem like I am using a stepper motor driver module (Rhino) and it controlling the motor. Initially stepper is running without running the code, if I run the code it will come to control. I am using DAQ usb 6009.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,612 Views)

Hi Xanthrone,

This thread has been inactive for almost three years now, so you would probably have better luck getting your question noticed if you were to post a new thread on the discussion forums. When you do, could you be more specific about "come to control?"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,605 Views)